Protect yourself, your loved ones and your environment.
Practice proper disposal of your unwanted medications.
How: Bring your unwanted medications to New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s
FREE Medication Disposal Event
With Drive-Thru Service!
When: Saturday, March 24
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: Medical Mall beside NHRMC
2243 South 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
Medications should be in their original containers to help identify the medication.
Law enforcement will be on hand to accept controlled substances.
Medications can be prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, or herbal.
Having unnecessary medications in the home can be a hazard to yourself, your loved
ones and the environment.
• You could confuse old medications with current medications.
• Children could ingest them and be poisoned.
• Pets could be harmed if they ingest a pill that is dropped and not picked up.
• Teenagers may be tempted to sell the medications to their classmates.
• Flushing medications down the toilet or washing them down the sink puts
medications directly into the public water system.
• Throwing medications in the trash allows them to break down
and leach into the groundwater.
For more information, contact Kathy Rawlings
at 910.815.5152 or email@example.com