Mobile Dental Unit
Our Mobile Dental Unit offers services in for children ages 3 to 18 years without accessible or established dental care or insurance. If you have any questions, please call 910-512-3113.
- Children 3 to 18 years of age
- Children with Medicaid
- Children with no dental insurance (sliding fee scale, based on income)
Typical services include comprehensive dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, extractions, X-rays, sealants, and fillings.
The Mobile Dental Unit is located at different locations throughout the school year.
Older Adult Dental Program
The older adult dental program provides comprehensive dental care for low-income older adults age 55 and older. This service began in July 2022 and is provided through New Hanover County Health and Human Services and the Senior Resource Center, in partnership with Access Dental Care, Inc.
- Age 55 and older
- New Hanover County resident
- Income is below 200% poverty level
- Have no current dental insurance, including:
- No Medicare Advantage plans that include dental coverage
- No employer dental coverage
- Does not qualify for full Medicaid
Typical services include dental exams, X-rays, cleanings, fillings, extractions, select root canals, dentures, and partials. The program provides services as defined by the clinical coverage policy, 2022 NC Dental Medicaid.
This comprehensive dental program is offered at various locations within New Hanover County.
Learn more and apply for the older adult dental program here.